Sunday, April 6, 2014

Full Speed Ahead.


Spring is nearly here.
Tried yesterday but got pummeled by pushy cold winds still fighting for Winter.
But the sun is strong and my girl and I are ready,
like horses on a steady gallop,
still feeling fresh out of January's gate.
Goodbye, March, Fleeting Spring is on its way with Summer close behind.

Got some warmth on a family trip to the DR,
Where Lily's beloved Tia and all of her family have their roots.
Beautiful, deep roots.
Young and old they took us in, embraced us, cooked for us, hosted us.
Lily doted on a baby, ran circles in the garden with Andrea and Javi -
Happily conversing in English and Spanish -
Communication always easy, simple delight in running together,
shared smiles, all knowing laughs - no words needed.
We beached, swam, fed horses, rode donkeys,
relished in warm sun, balmy breezes,
Refueled as a family,
a much needed respite.

Then back we came, and I had a quick escape,
a test for both me and my babe-no-more.
Took a brief trip with Another Love,
a new one,
a
first
for me
in a
long
time.

Very long time.

And a day that I thought might never come again.

Lily and I did just fine -
though the pangs were felt from far away.
Growing pains for the two of us,
we're both still reeling.

But in this life,
Change is Good.

So off together we go, on an unfamiliar yet inspiring road.
I think we can,
I
Know
We
Can.
But it's a test for the two of us,
attached at the hip
and
heart.

So this weekend, we're regrouping.
And we're doing OK.
I think we're both ready for New York's
Two
Week
Bloom
when the trees are in their glory for one short, deep breath.

Hibernation days are over.

So
bring
on
the
pink,

please.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments - Unpublished.